Matt Cutts, the ‘public face’ of the Google web search team gave an interview at SMX Advanced recently on what makes a quality site.
The top five tips he gave were:
- Make sure your content adds value and is not just copying someone elses content and slightly rewording it
- Don’t just aggregate someone else’s content as the main content for your site
- Focus on what your market needs and not the Google algorithm
- Concentrate on the PR and marketing of your content and not just link building
- Avoid shortcuts, they just don’t work
While there was nothing groundbreaking in the interview, it’s a useful overview for anyone considering creating new
content for their website.
You can read the full interview at Matt Cutts and Eric Talk About What Makes a Quality Site
We’ve been running search engine optimisation campaigns for companies for the last 17 years and recently helped a UK charity to get a 500% boost in their search engine traffic. Why not contact us to see how we can help you